Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pedigrees

Due to popular demand, we have added the pedigree function to the system. 

To generate a pedigree, go to the breeder profile, and click on the pedigree button. 

If the system has information for any of the rabbits in the lineage, it will use it, but if not, you will have to enter manually.  Click on a doe/buck card on the pedigree to edit the information.

In the upper and lower right, there is a button to generate a pdf version.  You can print this version and give to buyers.  Buyers can verify the authenticity of the pedigree by scanning the QR code or going to the url on the pedigree.

We hope to improve on this in the future, as the current pedigree system is very basic.  But, it should offer basic functionality for now, and as you use it, let us know how to make it better, easier, and faster.

Comments

• edited April 2016
    Weights of the other rabbits on the pedigree is required to register the rabbit..  As well as color 
  • Ok, we can add those easy enough.
  • for now, you can use the "notes" section on the rabbits to enter whatever information you need.
  • Noticed the acquired date is showing as the DOB for the pedigree animal... On many of my breeders I have both a DOB and the date I got them... 
  • Yes, we are planning on adding a DoB field for breeders soon, because lots of us have breeders we purchased and need both dates.
  • Question: I bought several siblings, will the system recognize parent rabbits entered on pedigrees and fill in the rest of the dam and sire for subsequent pedigree entries ? 
  • If it is only filled out on pedigrees, no, it won't recognize them. We can think about this on our end to see how we could make it easier.

One way of doing it, for now, is to enter them as Breeders, but then archive them.  Then, you can select them as the parents on your other Breeders and the pedigree info will be filled that way.

The system will call up the data from parents, if they are in Breeders.
  • .. When I view PDFs of a pedigree it shows in Adobe reader as Portrait rather than landscape ... Views and prints best on landscape.. Is it just my system win7 home, chrome, with free adobe reader.. 
  • can you email me one of your pdfs so I can see? hutch@barntrax.com

• mine shows as portrait, too, but switching to landscape doesn't improve things, it shrinks them a bit
  • Love the pedigree addition. Would help to have a color and weight listing for those at least.
  • yes, color and weight will be added in the next few days

• Can you only do pedigrees on the computer? I tried looking for them on my Samsung galaxy but could not find it.
  • Clear your cache on your phone.  Then, go to Breeders, select a breeder, and you should see the pedigree button under the Breeder Profile.
  • I did this and now it only gives me the option for 1 generation .
  • did you set the number of generations in Settings already?
  • oh, on the phone, you have to slide it to see the other generations, it is a horizontal scroll
  • Can someone explain how to start a pedigree on their phone. I was getting 1 generation, and.now I can't get any. I have set my settings uo for 3 generations.
  • just click the button, but the generations, you have to slide to see the others.
  • if you are not seeing anything on your phone, make sure you clear the phone's cache, because it may have a previous version loaded.
  • I can only go up to the grand breeders. Is there an option for the great grands?
  • I can only go up to the grand breeders. Is there an option for the great grands?
    If you go to your settings at the top right of the screen, you should be able to change your pedigree generations to 4 generations. :smiley: 
  • We're tweaking pedigrees over the next few days, adding new fields and fixing bugs.

So if you see something that doesn't work, it may fix itself in a day or so, if not, be sure to let us know.
    If you go to your settings at the top right of the screen, you should be able to change your pedigree generations to 4 generations. :smiley: 
    Thank you HotelTangoFarms
  • It would be great to be able to have a spot to insert the breeder's rabbitry prefix that would appear before the name on pedigrees. 
    And maybe in the future an area to insert the rabbit's genotype?
  • you can enter genotype in notes, for now.  For the Rabbitry prefix, what is that, the Rabbitry name and information, or some sort of ID?
  • Pedigrees now appear in a tab, instead of from the button.  We have also added the other fields, DoB, Color, Weight, Breed, etc.
  • We are working on adding pedigrees to kits, should have that finished tomorrow.
  • Kits now have pedigrees.  We still have some tweaks on pedigrees, but the base functioanlity should now be available on all breeders and kits, with all available fields.

If you find an error in the current system, please open a bug report.
  • A rabbitry prefix is part of the rabbitry's name that comes before the rabbit's name.
    For example, my rabbitry is Raining Royalty.  On the pedigree it would appear as Royalty's ---name or rabbit--- .  
    You could enter it in the Name section but it would be nice to have a Prefix area. 
    Hutch said:
    you can enter genotype in notes, for now.  For the Rabbitry prefix, what is that, the Rabbitry name and information, or some sort of ID?