Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rabbits that Share some Pedigree Information

I have three or four rabbits that have some of the same rabbits in their pedigree. Do I have to go in and enter each rabbit individually?

Eg
My buck Jack has the same father as my doe Pine. They have different mothers. Do I have to enter all of the info from the father's side twice? Or can I just select him and call it a day? He is not my rabbit, so I just edited from the Pedigree page on Pine's profile.

Comments

• If you select him as the father, it should pull in the data automatically.

• He doesn't show up on the list, because I added him through the pedigree.
  • maybe add him as a breeder, and enter his pedigree there, then it should load for both breeders below him. (you can archive his breeder record)
  • Can I create it from this? Or some other way without having to enter all the info again?

Cosmo.PNG 60K
  • This is from Pine's pedigree, btw.
  • edited May 2016
    It will only be able to read the info for one of the Pine's kits, not a sibling.

So, the only option is to enter the parent as a Breeder and enter the pedigree there, and then anyone that has that parent will get that Pedigree info.
  • If I have to type it all again anyway I may as well just type it on his pedigree. Maybe add that as a feature? Rabbits are entered into some sort of database for you when you make a pedigree so you can access them for other ones without having a huge number of rabbits that aren't yours in your breeder list. Because even if you archive them they come up in the parent/breeder selection list. So for one rabbit that you DO own, you potentially end up with 15 on your breeder list. That will get really cluttered really fast.
  • Yes, I see what you are saying, and pulling in rabbits from pedigrees is a good idea.

I'm going to change this thread to a Feature Request.
  • This is only semi related
    Hutch said:
    maybe add him as a breeder, and enter his pedigree there, then it should load for both breeders below him. (you can archive his breeder record)
    Doing this messes up the expense per breeder in the ledger. 
    I need Spice and Jackson in the breeders, even though I don't own them, because I want to track my kits more than the cost per breeder right now but the math does not play out the way it should right now. 
  • Someone mentioned expense per breeder messed up, I don't know if you have archived that breeder, but I think archived breeders are excluded in those counts.
This discussion has been closed.